The subcontinent of India is dependent upon, as well as damaged by, the seasonal monsoons. This short unit takes students through the definitions and causes of monsoons - and mostly the effects on the area. Included are -
- map and introduction board page
- informational reading - one page
- graphic organizer for the reading - one page
- study guide worksheet with focus questions - one page
- a charting lesson for the rainfalls in some cities of India
Teacher directions and answer keys included.
This aligns with Common Core - ELA - Informational Reading, RI 1, 2, 3, 4, 8
Need a great game for India facts? Try this product by Michele Luck.
India Scavenger Hunt and Arch. Dig