This pack is a series of activities you can use throughout your unit on Monster by Walter Dean Myers. It culminates in an argumentative essay and includes a number of scaffolded interactive and writing activities.
These activities were designed for my 9th grade English class of students with disabilities, and therefore may be useful in younger grades as well.
Included in this pack:
- Tea party style opener
- Arrest simulation
- IEPC Chart activity
- Character bookmarks
- Evidence graphic organizer
- Series of events graphic organizer
- Wanted poster activity with example
- Obituary writing activity for Mr. Nesbitt with examples
- Punk'd writing activity
- Components for writing an argumentative essay on whether Steve is innocent or guilty, including pages to help them write a thesis statement, ready-made outlines, plus pages to help them with their MLA formatting and in-text citations.
Please rate after purchasing - I'm always looking for suggestions for improvement!