We developed this Monster Grammar pack to cover all Common Core Standards for First Grade located under “Conventions of Standard English” in ONE packet. It is our goal for this packet to create a common theme to use throughout the year for grammar instruction in the classroom.
These standards are:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1b Use common, proper, and possessive nouns.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1c Use singular and plural nouns with matching verbs in basic sentences.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1d Use personal, possessive, and indefinite pronouns.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1e Use verbs to convey a sense of past, present and future.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1f Use frequently occurring adjectives.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1g Use frequently occurring conjunctions.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1h Use determiners
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1i Use frequently occurring prepositions
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.1.1j Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts.
For each standard, there is a poster, sorting or matching cards, student printable and/or activity.
Check out a review of this packet from our blog buddy Tamara Russell (of Mrs. Russell's Room). She also shows the product in action!
Review of Monster Grammar Packet
Grab a sample freebie from this pack!
Conjunction Mini Unit Freebie
We now have a 2nd Grade Version!
Monster Grammar: Second Grade Mini Lessons for the Whole Year
Follow Our Blog and FB Page to Find More About Our Products in Action and Grab Freebies!
First Grade Buddies BlogFirst Grade Buddies on FB