Let your young geometers stretch their legs with an engineering challenge. A toy company is designing prototypes for their newest series of figures -- the famous Movie Monsters! They are in the process of determine how much plastic and paint will be needed to bring their newest creations to life (and keep them fiscally sane!)
Middle School or High School students will get a kick out of this project which is designed to appeal to both demographics. Nonetheless there is a rigorous backbone to what on the surface may appear to just be oodles of fun.
In this product you will receive a 32 page PDF which includes: 4 different assignments, 1 project and necessary attachments
- In “Composite Solids” students will work to determine volumes and surface areas of a number of composite solids. A Reference Sheet is provided and would be useful for all parts of the unit.
- In “Parts Engineer”students will derive formulas for mysterious composite solids and use them to calculate volume and surface area.
- In “Into the Design Lab” students will utilize the equations developed in “Parts Engineer” to calculate surface areas and volumes of the newest line of Monster Toys.
- In “Monster Mash” students will use the results of “Into the Design Lab” to answer some follow-up questions from a ruckus group of excited managers
- and finally In “Make Your Own Monster” students will put their Monster Making skills to the test as they need to design their own Toy that can be included in the series.
This product is included in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
• 21st Century Math Projects -- All the Projects
Need an Entire Curriculum?
• 21st Century Geometry –- the Entire Curriculum
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!
Clark Creative Education Facebook Page