This activity pack contains 36 weeks of daily math fact practice and weekly assessments. The practice sets are designed to teach math facts systematically with a spiral review each week.
1. Weekly “Minute Math” practice sheets.
Each day, Monday through Thursday, students will be given one minute to do 20 problems. After a minute the teacher will go over the correct answers, and students will correct their mistakes and answer any problems not answered.
2. Weekly “Assessment” sheets.
Each Friday, students will be given four minutes to do 80 problems.
3. Incentive Charts
4. Math Facts Take-Home Study Sheets
5. Achievement Certificate
As teachers, we would love for all students master the weekly assessments. Unfortunately, we cannot expect this to happen. Therefore, there are two program options.
1. Have students do the same daily “Minute Math” practice sheets. However, have the students who haven’t passed the previous week’s assessment, take that assessment each Friday until they can pass. Make sure parents know which facts they should be studying each night at home to help their child catch up and stay on track.
2. Have students who pass the weekly assessment move on to the next set of facts the following week. Have those students who did not pass the weekly assessment, re-do the same week’s “Minute Math” until they master the facts and pass the assessment.