This is a fun way to teach sight words to your youngsters!
This activity includes the first 40 most common sight words along with easy to understand/kid friendly instructions, and a game mat. Each sight word is matched with a festive and fun monster that will make this game exciting for your students and it can be used over and over again for small group instruction or at a literacy center.
1. Place the mat down
2. Place the sight word cards on the mat
3. Roll a number cube/dice
4. Say the corresponding sight word
5. If the word was said correctly they get to keep the monster card
6. If they do not know the word then the monster card remains on the mat
7. The first player to collect all of his/her monster cards is the winner!