Monster in my Closet Art Lesson: Grades K- 5th
Also included in
- This growing art lesson bundle provides high-quality, engaging, beautiful art lessons for students in grades k-5. Each lesson provides clear objects, visual art standards, step by step photos and teaching resources to accompany the lesson. Anyone can feel like an artist with these easy to follow artPrice $51.52Original Price $57.25Save $5.73
In this super fun and interactive art lesson, students will imagine, design and create their own Monster in their Closet! This is the best lesson for students of all ages because since there is no wrong way to make a monster, everyone is successful! Students will learn about the work of James DeRosso, Maurice Sendak and more and use visual thinking strategies to discuss their work.
In this 48 page lesson (available in Google Slides, Powerpoint and as a PDF) the lesson is broken down into clear and simple steps complete with full color photos demonstrating and explaining each step of the project. This lesson is great for students of all ages, but specifically grades 2-5.
The digital pdf for this lesson includes:
- Lesson Objectives
- Vocabulary List
- National Standards
- Supplies needed for each project
- Artist background info on James DeRosso, Richard Teschner, and Maurice Sendak
- Step-by-Step Photo of the lesson from beginning to end (37 color photos)
- with detailed explanation for each step.
- Helpful tips & tricks for teacher to share with students
- How to Draw a Monster Reference Sheets
- Several ELA extension prompts
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR THIS LESSON
- 1 piece of brown 12 x 18 Construction Paper
- Different colors of 9x12 construction paper
- Washable black marker
- Black permanent marker
- Construction paper Crayons or Oil pastels
- 2 1”x 12” paper strips
- Glue stick
Terms & Use:
Please note, in purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Kaitlyn Edington and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use. I, Kaitlyn Edington retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
This lesson is intended for classroom use only and may not claimed or resold as your own.
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
For some of my other lessons, check out:
- Northern Lights Winter Landscapes Lesson
- Folk Art Lesson
- Whimsical Landscape Lesson
- Self Portrait Guide
- Crazy Hair Day
- Dog Weaving Lesson
For something more simple, check out
For more inspiration and info on new products, be sure to click the follow me on Instagram at @artwithmrs.e
Keyword: Halloween, Holiday, Monster, Hallows Eve, Candy, Scary, Art Lesson