*Video is necessary for completion of this worksheet. Video can be found for streaming purchase at You Tube and Amazon. Video is also available as physical (DVD) media from a variety of outlets.
*MONSTERS INSIDE ME is a Discovery Channel / Animal Planet series that is excellent for incorporating a wide range of science facts with gripping true life stories of people who have unknowingly had their body attacked by disease, bacteria, parasites, and other microscopic organisms. Production quality and information in each episode is excellent and perfect for grades 9-12 in science, health, or language arts classes.
This purchase is a for a 2-class period lesson centering around the topics covered in the MONSTERS INSIDE ME video.
DAY 1 (50 minutes)
1) A 29-question worksheet to accompany the Monsters Inside Me episode OUTBREAK (Season 1, Episode 2). Please make sure you have access to the video (run time 40 minutes). This is an excellent video that covers three separate stories of people being attacked by parasites (rat lungworm, cryptosporidium, and leishmaniasis)
DAY 2 (50 minutes)
1) A three page informational reading packet is supplied that covers additional information on all three parasites shown from the video including: history, symptoms, treatment, global facts, and more.
2) A 24-question worksheet is provided to be used with the informational article.
3) A writing prompt paper is provided with 5 prompts (students choose one to answer based on their evidence from both the video and reading)
4) A Venn Diagram is supplied for students to choose two of the parasites covered and compare/contrast key information based on the video and reading.
11 PAGES TOTAL which will keep students busy for two class periods! This make a great addition to lesson plans or Sub / Emergency Folders.
All papers are provided as MS-Word documents so you can edit to best fit the needs of your students.
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to leave me positive feedback.
Also Available - I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE! Great for Science! Click here!