Please make sure you always have the most recent version of my products, I update my products all the time! I am a science teacher who is still in the classroom and every time I use one of my lesson plans, I think of new things to add! Please make sure you always have my latest version. Here’s how:
-On the TpT homepage, click on “MY TpT” (top right)
-Click on “MY PURCHASES”
-look for my product, if you see the words “NEWLY REVISED RE-DOWNLOAD” this means I have a newer, better version.. There is no need to re-purchase the product for the updates, simply click on that link and you’ll get the latest version! Thank you!!
Next Generation Science Standard addressed in this packet:
Kindergarten: Forces & Interactions
K-PS2-1: Plan & conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes & pulls on the motion of an object. :
Magnets can push on each other (like poles repel) or pull on each other (opposite poles attract). Introduce your students to the topic of magnetism by showing them the 15 slides included in this packet explaining magnetism in kid-friendly terms. I project these onto my whiteboard to use for class discussion.
My students love doing these monster magnet activities – I know yours will too!! Let your kids explore magnetism with the 6 fun activities found in this packet:
1. Monsters Fly Kites! Materials: magnets, string, paperclips. Help the little monster fly a kite using magnetism. Challenge your kids to see if they can make the kite fly without touching the magnet at all! Monsters and kites provided.
2. Monsters Go Fishing! Materials: magnets, string, paperclips. Monsters fish for letters using a magnetic “fishing pole”. Monsters, ocean, letter mat, and fish provided.
3. Monster Banana Maze- Materials: magnets, paperclips.Can you lead the monster to his favorite snack by not touching him at all? You can-- using magnets! Maze and monster provided.
4. Magnetic or not – put real objects in a bowl and have your students sort them using this mat. 16 mini-cards depicting 8 magnetic items and 8 non-magnetic items are also included for sorting.
5. Magnetic Scavenger Hunt – travel around your classroom, building or school searching for magnetic items to add to the chart! Student worksheet included.
6. Magnetic Monster Races! – Repel your little monster to the birthday party – whose monster will get there first? Racetrack and monster provided. Student worksheet explaining attract/repel also included.
Types of magnets you need for this packet:
Kite flying: any type (wand, bar, horseshoe, disc)
Fishing: disc is ideal because you can tape or tie a string to it but really any magnet will work - just tape the monster to the wand, bar, whatever kind of magnet you have
Magnet maze and monster race: monsters on top of the maze and in the race need to sit on a disc magnet, guide the monster underneath the maze using any magnet; repel the monster in the race using any magnet
Follow my store! You will receive an email every time I put up a freebie or a new product for sale.To follow me, go to the top right of this page where you see my photo, next to the little green star it says “Follow Me”. Click on that and you’ll receive the email updates. Thanks for stopping by my PK – 4 science store! Sue
Please note: these units are for the use of one educator.
If you would like to share my lesson plans with a co-worker, your team, your school, or your district, please purchase multiple licenses which are offered at half price.
When you click “add to cart”, please also click on “ buy licenses to share” and then enter the quantity of half-price licenses. Thank you so much!!
Sue from Science for Kids :)