Suitable for any time of year, these weird and wacky problems are sure to add some fun to your math program! Spread over 4 worksheets, each of these 24 problems is accompanied by a colorful picture of the monster it is about. Careful reading is required as most of the problems have extra numbers which are not used in determining their solution. Keywords appear in boxes at the top of each page which will be helpful to many students. For your convenience, answer keys are provided.
Note: This package is also available from my store in the form of problem solving cards.
Here is an outline of this package and the skills required:
- Page 1: Teacher's Guide (a few short suggestions)
- Page 2: Monstrous Addition Problems: Contains 6 addition problems.
(Skill required: Addition of 2 and 3 digit numbers)
- Page 3: Spooky Subtraction Problems: A set of 6 subtraction problems. (Skill required: Subtraction of 2, 3 and 4 digit numbers)
- Page 4: Strange and Silly Subtraction and Addition Problems (A mix of + and -)
(Skills required: Addition and Subtraction of 2 and 3 digit numbers)
- Page 5: Crazy Creature Addition and Subtraction Problems (A mix of + and -) (Skills required: Addition and Subtraction of 2 and 3 digit numbers)
- Pages 6 - 10: Answer keys for each of the preceding pages.