3 Part Cards & Classification Cards are used throughout the Montessori classroom to introduce language and classify a child’s environment.
Included in this pack:
• 12 different Types of Penguins cards
• Fun Facts about each Penguin
• English Only 3 Part Cards
• English Only Title Cards for Classification in full color and B&W
• English Classification Answer Key with full color background and white background for an ink saving option.
How to Prepare for K-3 Classification Cards:
√ Make 2 copies of each Image page
√ Cut out one copy of each image with text.
√ Cut out 2nd copy of each image and cut text separately.
√ You should have 3 Parts (Image & Text, Image only, Text only)
√ You can add the Fact Card to the regular 3-Part lesson OR replace the one of the Image Cards cards with the Fact Card.
How to Use:
» Use Image Cards ONLY to teach child vocabulary
» Match Image Cards with small figurines
» Classify Objects (ie Wet, Dry, etc)
» Traditional 3-Part Card Montessori Work: Teach using Image & Text card (also known as the Control Card), have child match the others.
» Use Image Only & Text Only cards for those that are beginning to read.
Suggestions of games using Fruits & Penguin 3 Part Cards:
> Classification of Penguin Families
≈ Use 3 types at a time or use 1 Image card per type.
> Classification of Adult, Baby or Egg
> 2 Part Image Matching Game (use the 3 part system but only the Image Card and Image & Text Card)
> 3 Part Matching Game (Match Image & Text Card with Image Card and Text Card).
> Vocabulary Game (all English or Spanish/English)
> 3 Part Matching Game with figurines (Safari LTD makes some great Penguin Minis)
- Don't use all the cards at one time. Mix them up to keep the game interesting and fun. Start with 3-4 and then once those are mastered add additional cards/types. The more the cards used, the harder the activity which means the longer these can be used.
The uses for these 3 Part & Classification cards are endless. Use them with multiple languages and mix them with other packs for even more games and activities.
They are a great addition to any preschool, kindergarten or homeschool class whether your classroom is a Montessori, Montessori Inspired or Traditional Learning Environment.
Make sure you check out our other 3 Part Card and Montessori-Inspired English options:
1. Parts of an Apple
2. Farm Life
3. Types of Weather
4. Fruits & Veggies
5. Types of Trees: Florida Edition
Check out all of our other Penguin
All About Penguins Small Bulletin Board Set
All About Penguins Large Bulletin Board Set
All About Penguins Small Poster Set
All About Penguins Large Poster Set
Montessori 3 Part Cards: All About Penguins for Preschool in Spanish
Montessori 3 Part Cards: Penguins for K-3 in Spanish