This is a complete lesson plan & curriculum resource to teach German in a Montessori way, based on the Albanesi system of cards. The whole curriculum will cover ages 6-12 or Grades 1-7. This resource covers the first year of school.
It can be used for foreign or mother language children, but should be implemented by a German mother language speaker, as the children will only learn as good a language as they hear.
A total immersion approach should be used to implement this curriculum.
Although designed for Montessori schools, the cards can be used as basis for worksheets or traditional lessons. If this is used in a Montessori school that doesn't use the Albanesi system, please be aware that the cards are only there to make sure nothing is left out. The materials can be used without the cards - however, I would advise to keep the cards handy to explain rules or check up on presentations.
The curriculum is divided into levels, each of which has a certain amount of task cards with relevant material. After every ten levels, there is a test to assess the children's knowledge.
This comprehensive digital bundle includes
- a manual
- task cards for Levels 1-20
- progress cards 1 (1-10) and 2 (11-20)
- moveable alphabets in red, black and colours (blue - consonants, red - vowels, green - phonograms) in cursive and print
- tests 1-10 and 11-20 with memos
- letter cards to teach the phonetic letter sounds and phonograms
- vocabulary matching cards about: the classroom, school, town, animals, furniture, food, clothes, opposites, rhyming words, animal groups, animal homes, animal sounds
- phonetic animal alphabet matching cards
- spelling series (6-10 a set): pink - phonetic (3 sets), blue - phonetic + blends (19 sets), green - phonograms (22 sets)
- interpretive reading series (6 levels)
- grammar cards for the function of the noun, article, adjectiv, numeral
- grammar cards for the classification of the article
- grammar cards for the conjugation of the noun, article and adjective according to genus and numerus
- phonogram memory spelling cards (22)
The preview consists of the task cards.