A quiz to assess whether children can name the external parts of a frog. It is a challenging multiple choice based on the Montessori nomenclature cards. Each card has three picture on it. The word on the card correctly names one out of three images to choose from.
Directions for use:
- Place the labelled set at the top of a mat, starting with the full colour picture.
- Briefly discuss each card as you place them down.
- Ask the child to match the unlabelled set of pictures to the corresponding labelled set.
- Then match the first label to the corresponding picture.
- Show the child how to move along from left to right until you find the corresponding card.
- Invite the child to match the remaining labels to their corresponding cards.
- Use 3 unlabelled pictures, 1 known and 2 unknown (the known picture will always be the natural colour picture)
- This is presented in a 3 period lesson
- Briefly discuss and name in the first period - remembering to isolate. Ask the child to repeat each word.
- In the second period ask the child to, "Show me...". After the child has identified them correctly, shuffle the cards around and repeat the process as many times as necessary. Spend a great deal of time in this period.
- In the third period isolate each card before the child each time asking the child, "What is this?"
- Consolidate by reminding the child of the lesson learned.
- Place the unlabelled set of pictures at the top of the mat.
- Read the first label and match it to its corresponding picture.
- Invite the child to read the remaining labels and match them to their corresponding pictures.
- Once the child has matched all the labels to the pictures use the labelled set as a control of error by placing them under their corresponding picture (the child can help you match them).
- Allow children to copy the cards and label them.
- They can then cut them out to make a booklet.
- Laminate the cards
- Cut them out as indicated.
- Each page should be separated into three parts. The first part is card that has a picture with the label attached. The second part is just the picture and the third part is just the label.
- The definition booklet should be assembled and bound.
- Three presentations can be given.
- You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).