This Parts of the Plant set is versatile across many areas of the classroom, ages, and lessons. The work was created for a study of essential oils, specifically from which part of the plant does the oil come (hence a category that combines flowers & leaves. feel free to leave that category out if not studying essential oils.
The set includes:
- 8 word label category cards for the parts of the plant including bark, seeds, flowers, leaves, roots, skin, needles, and flowers & leaves.
- 24 nomenclature cards with image and word label and control card. 3 cards for each category
- Answer key
- a variation of Sensorial's smelling bottles matching essential oil smell to plant image
- use real plants to match to card
- geography study of the plants (native region)
- use a plant, such as a sunflower, to closely examine the details of the parts of the plant
- use sequencing cards to follow the distillation process of oils from plants
See my blog,
Montessori Pre-Reading Bundle
Montessori Pink Series Bundle
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License