Allow your students to explore the concept of probability using these self-guided activities. Includes a sheet of important terms for the students to learn. This material can be used at the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year levels with modifications of expectations for each (i.e. using fractions to depict probability at the 3rd year level).
- Two activities involving dice
- Three activities involving skittles
- One activity involving a coin
- Three activities involving a deck of cards
- A short introduction with questions about probability
Material should be printed onto card stock and laminated. Provide dice, a deck of cards, a coin, and skittles (from the stamp game) for the children to complete the activities.
Font used in front cover: