· To help the child in the exploration and analysis of the known language.
· To prepare for writing and reading.
Control of Error
· Teacher-control and material.
Material Description: 7 Sets of cards with printed words that do not conform to any definite phonetic rule. The cards are in sets, ordered by how frequently they would be used by children.
A child has mastered their sight words when they can recognize the sight word three times in a row for three days in a row. The child should demonstrate this by saying the word quickly, showing that they know the word by sight and do not have to sound it out letter-by-letter.
Three sight words per session is a good starting place.
Included in this resource are:
- A material analysis including instructions for presentations
- 7 sets of cards with printed words to help prepare a child for writing and reading readiness.
Also suitable for Homeschool students.