Montessori Spelling & Etymology: Latin Root -cent Elementary Language help pages
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Etymology Word Study BUNDLE: Roots -cent, -ject, -port, -graph ROOKIE Montessori-inspired printable Language help SET (16 + key): What is etymology? Etymologies are not definitions but rather explanations of what our words meant and how they might have sounded many years ago. This bundle includes 4Price $11.95Original Price $16.20Save $4.25
- Language help Cosmic BUNDLE: Montessori-inspired Vocabulary, Grammar & Sentence Materials Language help: Matching Activity cards, Language material guides and Language help pages in all areas. This bundle could help you cover an entire school year!Suggested Order:History of LanguageGrammar and SPrice $76.95Original Price $112.90Save $35.95
What is etymology? Etymologies are not definitions but rather explanations of what our words meant and how they might have sounded many years ago. Learn about the history of the Latin root cent meaning 'part of one-hundred.' What words belong in this word family based on the root? Seven words among them have been chosen to help explore affixes, spelling & syllables, determine parts of speech and to match vocabulary.
Part of the Montessori WORD STUDY Spelling Workbook (4 pages):
Spelling & Vocabulary Word Study GUIDE: Elementary Montessori Language help
Explore the inner workings and nuances of modern English.
This learning resource guides young grammarians to:
• Review the Montessori approach to spelling and vocabulary development
• Analyze seven words within a word family related by its root word
• Practice matching these words to their dictionary definitions
• Distinguish slight differences in meanings based on prefixes and suffixes.
Part of the Word Study BUNDLE:
Montessori Spelling & Etymology BUNDLE: -cent -ject -port -graph - Elementary Language pages
Consider related WORD FAMILY HELP products on Word Study:
Montessori Spelling & Etymology: Latin Root -cent - FREE Elementary Language help pages
Montessori Spelling & Etymology Guide: Elementary Language Word Study Workbook
Looking for High Quality, Professionally Designed Elementary
Learning Resources? Look no further - FOLLOW GRUMBLE!
Although the word Montessori is in the title, ANY type of elementary
student will benefit from independent, self-directed learning.
Please consider other WORD STUDY Learning Resources from Grumble!
As stated in the Teachers Pay Teachers refund policy, “all sales on TpT of digital resources are considered final and nonrefundable.” Please ask any questions you have about this product before purchasing. Thank you!
© 2021 Grumbleservices.com • All rights reserved.
Dr. Maria Montessori believed the only way our world would find lasting peace was through educating our children. Much of her elementary curriculum was written by her during a period of internment in India during WWII. This time period helped solidify Dr. Montessori’s belief in Peace Education.
Resource Color Guide (just like the Montessori hierarchical colors):
ROOKIE Pages (Green) - Aimed toward early to mid level elementary students.
SEMI-PRO Pages (Blue) - Aimed toward mid level elementary students.
VETERAN Pages (Red) - Aimed toward mid to late level elementary students.
But of course, you know the child best, so adjust accordingly.
In the words of Dr. Montessori, "Follow the Child!"