This is an EXTREMELY ENGAGING lesson plan on the Montgomery Bus Boycott and Rosa Parks. It is a FULLY-PREPARED, NO-PREP lesson! The only thing you need to get ready is to print the rubric and checklist for the students. Students learn about the boycott, and then there are 4 class skits to act out before an ENGAGING option project to assess the content.
This is a lesson that hits many different learning styles! Included in this lesson plan are:
- Background information for the students
- 4 short class skits to jigsaw different parts of the boycott
- An option project with a choice board with 9 different CHOICES for students to present their knowledge
- A checklist and DETAILED rubric to help with student ASSESSMENT and SELF-ASSESSMENT!
Students have a project to show three factors: The goals of the Boycott, HOW the Montgomery Bus Boycott fought for civil rights, and how the Montgomery Bus Boycott changed life today. The self-assessment of their project really helps students take OWNERSHIP of their product! Students learn a ton, and produce HIGH-QUALITY work! I hope that you enjoy this lesson!
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!