Monthly Writing Prompts. AUSTRALIAN NOVEMBER
Do your students struggle to get started during writing time? Sometimes, all we need is an idea! These prompts are fantastic for daily writing time and your classroom writing centres.
Included in this resource are:
NOVEMBER Writing Menu:
These displays would be great laminated on your board or in a Writing centre binder. A quick prompt to engage and excite your students about writing!
NOVEMBER Writing Headers:
These headers are to quickly cut and paste at the top of the page your students are writing on. Also featuring clip art to engage and get their brains working!
NOVEMBER NO PREP Writing pages:
A quick and easy writing activity to place in writing centres, or a grab and go writing activity.
5 Star Writing Checklist & Student Writing Checklist:
2 versions for your preference.
NOVEMBER Writing Prompts
1. Melbourne Cup Day is this month in Australia. Pretend you have a horse to race in the event. What would you name it and how would you train it?
2. Write about the best thing that has happened to you this school
3. Would you rather live in a place that is cold or hot? Explain why
you would rather live there.
4. If you could give your best friend anything in the world what would it be and why?
5. Think about your talents. Write about some ways you could use
your talents to help someone.
6. Remembrance Day is on the 11th of November. Explain why this is an important day in Australia and talk about the special things we do on this day.
7. If you could change one thing about your school, what would you
change? Write a friendly letter to your principal and share your
8. Think about your favourite restaurant. Describe what you like about it and what you prefer to order there.
9. How does your family help to save the earth? Write about more ways in which you could help.
10. Describe a rainbow and how it forms in the sky. What are some things you think about when you see a rainbow?
11. Imagine that you get to take a hot air balloon ride with a friend. Tell about the adventure and where you would want it to carry you.
12. How is spring different than winter? Which season do you like better and why?
13. You have been given the task of building a garden. Explain how you do it and the things you would plant in your garden. Include the important things you need to do to care for your garden.
14. Tell about a spring sport or hobby that you enjoy doing this time of year.
15. If you were a construction worker and could build anything, what would you build and why?
16. Pretend you are best friends with a lion. What adventures would you go on?
17. Using your 5 senses, describe your idea of a perfect trip to the bakery.
18. Explain the importance of recycling.
19. If you could be an insect, what insect would you be and why?
20. If you were a superhero for a day, write about the things you would do and the powers you would have.
Go check out my other Monthly Writing packs
Monthly Writing Prompts~Australian September
Monthly Writing Prompts~Australian October
****************MORE PACKS TO COME!******************
Go check out my store for other great products!