Three reasons I love these journals:
3. Independent practice of limitless concepts!
2. Daily writing!
1. Using the excuse, "OOh... you should write that (long-winded story about what happened at recess) in your journal!"
In the beginning I model, model, model and journal writing is basically just an exercise in letter formation, but by June the students really are writing down those long-winded stories. It's great practice and it's wonderful to see what the students write down throughout the month!
I've created simple journals for all 12 calendar months. The journals are a .pdf file. Journals will print back-to-back on an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper to be folded into an 4 1/4' x 5 1/2" journal with 22 pages (20 writing pages). Each includes:
- themed, blackline cover illustrations, for budding artists
- alphabet reference on inside back cover
- 4 handwriting lines per page
- page numbers