** Updated May 2016 to include dates from June 2016-July 2017 and BW coloring pages!
Reading logs are a great way for students, parents and teachers to track reading practice. These calendars are easy to use, attractive, and visually rewarding. Students learn responsibility while improving their reading skills when they help fill out their own calendar!
This download includes:
* Reading log / minute tracking charts for each month, June 2016-July 2017, including:
- Color versions of each month.
- Color versions of each month with an editable blank space at the top and bottom for you to put your own text box in.
- Black and White versions of each month (line art) with an editable blank space at the top and bottom. Kiddos can color these!
* Cute themed heading at the top!
* Some months are duplicated with different themes:
- August: Camping or Back to School
- September: Camping or Back to School
- October: Halloween or Race Cars
- November: Thanksgiving or Harvest
- April: Easter or Rain Showers
** Sorry, there is no alternate for December. It has a Santa/North Pole theme on it.
They are user friendly and will work well in student binders, or go home for homework. The calendars look great printed in color, in BW, or in BW on colored cardstock (that's what I do)!
Each calendar month has "minute" and "initial" lines in the days for students and/or parents to write in minutes read. There is a space at the end of each week, and at the end of the month to add up minutes.
Students or the teacher can write the monthly goal at the top of the page.
* I like to reward my students with a small incentive at the end of the month if they meet their goal. We also add up our class minutes and work towards a small treat or activity if they meet it. They really enjoy the class competition! In my first grade room, we set our goal at 200 minutes per month, but I've had students read over 1000 minutes a month because they enjoy the challenge!
** This product matches, and works great with my Monthly Behavior Logs here
Please let me know if there are any errors, or if you want to see something changed.
-Tonya McCullough :)