Monthly Writing Prompts. AUSTRALIAN OCTOBER
Do your students struggle to get started during writing time? Sometimes, all we need is an idea! These prompts are fantastic for daily writing time and your classroom writing centres.
Included in this resource are:
OCTOBER Writing Menu:
These displays would be great laminated on your board or in a Writing centre binder. A quick prompt to engage and excite your students about writing!
OCTOBER Writing Headers:
These headers are to quickly cut and paste at the top of the page your students are writing on. Also featuring clip art to engage and get their brains working!
OCTOBER NO PREP Writing pages:
A quick and easy writing activity to place in writing centres, or a grab and go writing activity.
5 Star Writing Checklist & Student Writing Checklist:
2 versions for your preference.
The prompts included in this resource are as follows:
1. Write about some things you enjoy doing on a rainy day.
2. Write about something new you learned to do or something new you tried on the holidays.
3. Imagine an alien from outer space landed in your backyard. What would you want to ask it? What would you want to show it?
4. Write about your favourite computer game or app. Explain how you play it.
5. Police Officers are very important community members. Write about all the things they do to help our community.
6. Write about a special role model you look up to.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. Describe your perfect day at the park.
9. You have been told to do some “Spring Cleaning” in your room. Explain how you would tackle the task.
10. Write about an excursion you have been on with your class.
11. If I was the teacher for a day…
12. Describe your dream birthday party.
13. My favourite book of all time is… Write a summary of the book.
14. Write about something that frightens you.
15. Write a story about a monster that lives under your bed.
16. Write about how you would deal with a bully at school. Think about your school rules.
17. Write a letter to a person in your class and explain what you like about them.
18. If you could trade places with any animal in the world, what animal would it be? Explain your answer.
19. You’ve been given a magic wand. What would you do with it?
20. The 28th of October is ‘World Teachers Day’. Write a letter to your teacher telling them why they are so special to you.
21. Write a list of important safety rules that you should follow when
you go trick or treating.
22. Describe your idea of the perfect Halloween costume.
Go check out my other writing prompt products
Monthly Writing Prompts~Australian September
Follow my store
for updates on my next writing prompt pages!
~Get Your Teach On