Also included in
- This *special bundle* includes: anchor charts, reading response activities, writing prompts, digital reading mini-lessons, graphic organizers, sticky note resources, task cards, and more! You will be able to purchase my selected POPULAR reader's workshop and writer's workshop supports! Scroll down t$249.00$355.50Save $106.50
Writing prompts are great for morning meeting, morning work, literacy centers, and writer's workshop. These interesting prompts were created by using special observances nationally and in the world and include a variety of writing genres! They encourage student choice and spark writing interest and engagement!
The days chosen were ones that students can relate to. This PowerPoint slideshow Google Slides™ resource include all days of each month (January through December). This resource comes with a writing journal (printable and Google Slides™) to keep track of each month's responses (using this journal is optional) or students can write directly into their writing notebooks/folders! It comes with Task Cards. The "Today's Date is" is editable so you can fill in the date students are responding to a certain prompt.
*New Update*: There is a blank slide template included in both the PowerPoint Google Slides™ presentations. You can customize the day, prompt, etc. to your liking!
This is a YEAR-LONG BUNDLE so these prompts will have you set for the entire year! There are over 1,000 writing prompts with this set!
The preview shows a sample of one month. Click each month to see its full video preview!
- January PPT Prompts and Journal
- February PPT Prompts and Journal
- March PPT Prompts and Journal
- April PPT Prompts and Journal
- May PPT Prompts and Journal
- June PPT Prompts and Journal
- July PPT Prompts and Journal
- August PPT Prompts and Journal
- September PPT Prompts and Journal
- October PPT Prompts and Journal
- November PPT Prompts and Journal
- December PPT Prompts and Journal
No SmartBoard? No Problem! These can be printed (full page or multiple to a page) for student use! Simply fill in the date (or leave it blank) and use them like task cards or punch a hole in the corner and create a monthly writing ring! Also, you can use these monthly prompts for speaking and oral discussions (instead of writing)!
Ways to use this Writing Prompt slideshow:
-project it onto your SmartBoard in the morning as students arrive to school and allow them to begin this quiet writing activity
-use in Google Classroom™ and assign slides to students
-put them on classroom computers or iPads for students to use in a writing center
-incorporate these daily writing prompts into your writer's workshop block (they include a variety of genres of writing)
-print a smaller version onto writing rings and use these as an early finisher writing task
-homework to strengthen writing in a creative way
Keep your students interested in writing and with what special days occur in the different months of the year!
*Formerly Miss P's Style*