- This winter literacy bundle for kindergarten covers letter recognition, CVC words, polar animals, months of the year, and early reading. Students LOVE these activities!Includes a bonus Hot Cocoa letter sound activity that matches the Hot Cocoa CVC Word activity - this was sent out last winter as a n$19.95$28.50Save $8.55
This engaging Months of the Year activity pack include games, mini-calendars, and adorable months of the year hats. There are also worksheets to practice writing month names, numbers, and dates.
*UPDATE (December 2018) The calendars and crowns now include 2019 and 2020.
*UPDATE 2 (December 2019): The calendars and crowns now include 2020 and 2021, and I made the year on the Months worksheets editable!
MORE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
All of these months of the year activities, except the calendars and crowns, come in both color and black & white versions. They’ll work well laminated so you can use them year after year.
• Recognizing and reading month names
• Identifying holidays and activities associated with each month
• Reading and writing ordinal numbers
• Writing the date in long and short form
• Sorting the months in order
☑ Worksheets for each month - color and black & white versions (12 pages color + 12 pages black & white)
☑ Printable Months of the Year paper crowns – cut and paste through the year 2025 (3 pages)
☑ Tracing pages with matching cards – students flip a card over, then find that month to trace. All the illustrations relate to that month. There are also plain cards to practice reading the months as sight words (5 pages color + 5 pages in black & white)
☑ Board game – students move around the year and then advance to a new year every time they pass January (3 pages color + 3 pages black & white)
☑ 2019 and 2020 Mini-Calendars including a page for students to write their birthday and other important dates – (6 pages total)
☑ Concentration game – students match the month name with the month number (4 pages color + 4 pages black & white)
☑ I Have Who Has games – One set of cards has students read the month names and identify the ordinal numbers for each month. The other set has students identify the months of some major holidays as well. (4 pages color + 4 pages black & white)
☑ Teacher instructions and detailed table of contents with page numbers (2 pages)
TIPS FOR BUYERS
You can get credit for any future Teachers Pay Teachers purchase by leaving feedback on this product! I love that feedback!
⭐Want to know when I'm having a sale or have posted a new product?
P.S. – for free printables, book-inspired craft ideas, and more, visit the Books and Giggles blog