This Months of the Year Packet has so many diverse and motivating activities! There are lessons on forming mental pictures, the use of descriptive language, rhyming words, and, or course, the months of the year!
This exciting packet contains:
1. An introduction activity
2. Colorful month sentence strips
3. Lessons on rhyming and descriptive words
4. An activity to teach visualization when reading
5. A full-color book called "A Colorful Year"
6. A black line master for half-size individual books for students
7. A Build-A-Sentence game
8. A game called Lost Mitten to provide practice with nouns
9. A Roll-A-Month game
10.A Read-And-Draw comprehension activity
11.A worksheet to practice writing the months, along with word searches and a crossword puzzle
12.Writing Connection ideas
13.Math Connection ideas including recording data and composing/decomposing numbers
14.Social Studies Connection ideas
15.Science Connection ideas to teach about the seasons
Many of these activities would be great at a Literacy or Math Center!
Enjoy! Sheila Wheaton