Help students determine mood from songs and literature in this in depth lesson Contains:
1) Learning Intentions & Essential Questions for lessons on mood in song and mood in literature
2) Teacher Directions on how to use 2 PowerPoints, Sort Activity, Class Discussions and How to Create Visual Display
3) Separate PowerPoints for Mood In Song (11 slides) and Mood In Literature (34 slides) Lessons
4) All Handouts for “What is Mood?” Fill-in-the-Blank, Answer Sheet for mood songs, and Positive and Negative Mood Sheet
5) Bubbles to create visual bulletin board for Visual Learners
6) Mood in Literature Sort Activity with task card directions
7) Answer Keys were applicable
This lesson will help students determine what mood certain songs put them in and why and then apply that learning to excerpts from literature. My students loved this lesson and were able to discuss with peers their reasoning for the mood identified. Their understanding of mood was increased greatly, I hope it helps your students as well. This is a highly engaging lesson with activities your students will love.
Want to earn TpT credits?
After you purchase, rate and comment this item after you've had a chance to use it. For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.