Practice recognizing moods in verbs with these interactive notebook pieces and grammar scramble. Students will practice identifying verb moods: subjunctive, conditional, imperative, interrogative, and indicative.
This will help students who want or need extra practice identifying verbs' moods in sentences. This could help address CCSS.ELA-LITERACY L.8.1.c and L.8.1.d so that students can apply the knowledge to correcting errors.
• Five interactive notebook pieces: subjunctive, conditional, imperative, interrogative, and indicative moods on blocks. These are folding pieces.
• A sixth interactive piece with all of the moods listed together. Students can lift flaps to study. (See thumbnail for a picture).
• 20 sentences for students to "unscramble." Each mood has five sentences. Students will need to cut and place each piece in the correct category.
• For classes who do NOT use interactive notebooks, I have included an answer sheet for students to adhere the answers. The answer sheet is divided into columns - one for each verb mood.
The answer key is included.
Looking for other grammar interactive notebook pieces and scrambles? This is part of a money-saving bundle that cover other concepts:
Grammar Interactive Notebook Pieces and Scrambles: Blocks Visual
• Color by Grammar Moods in Verbs Grammar Activity
• Moods in Verbs Task Cards and Writing Activity
• Moods in Verbs Worksheet and Posters