Moon Slap a Fact: Engaging Class and Center Games for grades 1-6
Introduce, teach, and review Moon concepts including moon phases, eclipses, surface, gravity, rotation, and common misconceptions. “I love this game!” shout my students when I pull out Slap a Fact boards! These low prep, engaging games give every child a turn every time. Two versions offer whole class, guided learning small groups, and learning center options.
Partners or small groups slap an answer on a Moon Fact/Fiction Slap Mat in response to statements about the Moon. The first hand on the correct answer wins a point. The Teacher’s Guide includes answers and information to further class discussion. In the Moon Slap a Fact Card Game, students turn over cards and slap only the facts to win. Both games work well together or independently and are easily adapted for grades 1-6.
1. Teacher Directions and Tips for Whole Group Moon Slap a Fact
2. Teacher Directions and Tips for Center or Small Group Moon Slap a Fact Card Game
3. Teacher’s Guide with 36 Moon Statements, Answers, and Further Discussion Facts
4. Space to add personalized questions of your own
5. Student Directions for Moon Slap a Fact Card Game
6. Moon Slap a Fact Mat
7. Score Cards for Partners
8. Score Cards for Groups of 3-4 Students
9. 36 Moon Slap a Fact Cards for Card Game
10. Card Game Answer Key
11. Guaranteed fun while learning!