NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used before students read the book.
This crossword contains 50 challenging words from MOON OVER MANIFEST. Either as a homework assignment or by allowing students to work in pairs with a thesaurus in class, it's a great way to prepare students for reading the book and understanding the story. Examples of clues:
* Assent ANSWER: agreement
* Serendipity ANSWER: chance
* Splayed (2 words) ANSWER: spread out
* Anecdote ANSWER: story
* Jarring ANSWER: shocking
FYI: I have narrowed the list of 50 words to 25 and included them on my MOON OVER MANIFEST edition of Bookmarks Plus, which students can refer to for definitions as they read the story. See list below.
Also, to reinforce meaning even more, I have created a synonym/antonym crossword over the 25 words. See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my unique products over MOON OVER MANIFEST!
• Bookmarks Plus: MOON OVER MANIFEST edition—A Very Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• MOON OVER MANIFEST: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—A Very Handy Reading Aid! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Moon Over Manifest edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Moon Over Manifest synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• MOON OVER MANIFEST: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!