Moon Phase Flashcards and Word Wall! This is a set of 8 moon phase flashcards that you can use with your students when teaching space science. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. I’ve also included an enlarged set of the cards that you can post in your room on a moon phase bulletin board or word wall. This product is also available with two other products in the Space Vocabulary Bundle
English + Spanish (A Spanish Moon Phases version is now included for FREE)
SAVE Over 50%
This product is included in my Science Vocabulary Bundle that includes trading cards + word wall posters for 18 different science topics (276 cards total).
This set includes:
• 8 moon phase trading cards with the word and picture on the front and a definition/explanation on the back.
• The same 8 moon phase cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and space to write their own definition.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their moon phase cards in.
• An enlarged set of the cards that you can post in your room on a moon phase bulletin board or word wall.
• A list of ways you can use these moon phase flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
• Spanish Moon Phases set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students.
I print these moon phase flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the name of the moon phase with its picture. The back has a definition/explanation of the moon phase.
I originally created these moon phase flashcards to help my ELL students learn the immense amount of vocabulary that comes along with teaching space science but have found that all of my students have fun and learn from them!
The moon phases included in this set of cards are:
• new moon
• waxing crescent
• first quarter
• waxing gibbous
• full moon
• waning gibbous
• third quarter
• waning crescent
You may also like:
Space Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $2.00!
Moon Phases Vocabulary Flip-O-Rama
Space Vocabulary Game
Space Vocabulary Card Pack
- Super good deal!
Planet Trading Cards and Word Wall
Check out my other SCIENCE
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Moon Phase Flashcards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License