Also included in
- This bundle includes 10 Digital Inquiry activities for Earth Science. Students individually collect information from 5 different online sources then combine that information to answer a question. Each activity has 3 differentiation options. 1. How do glaciers change Earth's surface?2. What are the a$24.95$30.00Save $5.05
- This bundle includes all 37 Digital Inquiry science activities. Students individually collect information from 5 different online sources then combine that information to answer a question. Each activity has 3 differentiation options. Physical Science1. How does matter change?2. How do the physical$74.95$111.00Save $36.05
Why does our moon's appearance seem to change? Students will discover the lunar cycle and the changing moon phases in this digital inquiry!
Question: Why does the Moon's appearance seem to change?
Objective: I can combine information from multiple sources to explain why the moon’s appearance seems to change.
Suggested Unit: Space, Lunar Cycle, Earth's Patterns
Topic: patterns in space, lunar cycle, Sun-Moon-Earth system
This resource includes a PDF with a link to Google Slides files that you can copy and distribute to your students. It is compatible with Google Classroom. It is not intended to be used in printed format.
In this activity, students will work independently to collect information from multiple sources, write important notes from the sources that answer the question, and construct a response that includes evidence from their notes.
Teacher Tutorial: This video will show you how to assign Science Digital Inquiry assignments in Google Classroom.
Student Tutorial: Please share this video with students to learn how to use this resource on both a computer and mobile device.
1. Video about the lunar cycle
2. Informational Text describing a scientist’s observations of the moon
3. Interactive Photographs showing how the moon’s appearance seems to change
4. Simulation to show how the moon’s phase changes as it orbits Earth
5. Calendar showing moon phases for each day of the month
Student Pages Included (3 differentiated options)
• Collecting Information table
• Integrating Information page for written response
There are three different files included. The content is all the same but the student pages are scaffolded at 3 different levels to help individual students successfully accomplish the task. If a student is offered a scaffold that they do not need, then I recommend allowing them to complete the activity without it.
A: guided questions for note-taking and no scaffolding for written response
B: guided questions for note-taking and optional sentence stems for written response
C: guided questions for note-taking and fill in the blank with drag and drop terms for written response
TEKS 4.8C collect and analyze data to identify sequences and predict patterns of change in shadows, seasons, and the observable appearance of the Moon over time
1. This resource includes a PDF with a link to Google Slides files that you can copy and distribute to your students. It is compatible with Google Classroom. It is not intended to be used in printed format.
2. While this file is not editable, you can add information, remove pages, and change links.
3. Please purchase the correct number of user licenses. 1 teacher = 1 user license