This PDF includes 36 task cards to help students demonstrate mastery on predicting the sequence of events in the lunar cycle and modeling how the tilted Earth rotates on its axis causing day and night and revolves around the Sun causing changes in seasons. Student answer sheets and teacher answer key are provided. Ideas on ways to use them in the science classroom are also included.
For students to be successful with utilizing these cards, they should have prior knowledge of the following concepts and/or vocabulary:
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere
- tilt of Earth's axis
- rotation (and length of time for Earth to rotate on its axis)
- revolution (and length of time for Earth to revolve around the Sun & moon to revolve around Earth)
- cause of day/night
- cause of seasons
- lunar phases (what causes us to see various phases of the moon, relative positions of the Sun, Earth and Moon during each phase, identify phase names when an image is provided, know how much time passes between phases)
- tides (cause of, spring tides, neap tides, moon phases associated with each)
Buy the Bundle and Save! A Whole Watt-a Task Cards includes this set along with 13 others.
Buy the Bundle and receive all future task card set additions, revisions and updates at no additional cost to you!