This pack of activities and worksheets will make reviewing addition strategies to your little learners, engaging and practical. This is Pack 27 in our series of sequenced math activity packs!
Addition Strategies were introduced in Packs 11 and 22.
This collection of 5 math games/centers will complement your math program and lessons. Perfect for the teacher who needs fun motivating resources that are easy to prepare.
This bundle will help students learning to:
- combine 2 groups of objects that are mentioned in a story
- add '2 more' instantly
- craete 'turnaround' facts (e.g. 2+3 and 3+2)
- count on 1, 2 and 3
- quickly answer 'fast facts' - adding 1, 2 and 3 to numbers 1 to 9
Each of the 5 small-group activities has:
- detailed instructions
- playing cards/boards/templates
- a worksheet (either a recording worksheet or a fun-follow-up)
- a cover page to help you organize your resources for future reference
The activities included in this bundle are:
Students will combine 2 groups to model addition from stories.
Choo Choo 2 More
Students will learn to quickly recognize 2 more than a number (within 1-30)
Students will model and create turnaround facts.
Students will count-on 1, 2 and 3 (within 1-20)
Students will memorize fast facts (within 1-10) by adding 1, 2 or 3.
These activities can be used in a structured game rotation program, as math centers or in guided math. Once taught, they also make fantastic 'fast-finisher' activities for revision of key concepts.