This is an original, 36 page, "More Deadly Than War" - by Kenneth C. Davis - Novel Gude. This must read social studies non-fiction is ideal for students in grades 6-12.
The unit pack includes:
-pre, during and post reading activities;
- chapter by chapter questions,
- new vocabulary,
- cause and effect chart,
- KLW chart, and
- discussion questions
- the affect of the Spanish flu on the WWI
- the U.S. isolationism and the reasons for war declaration against Germany
- the causes and consequences of the WWI
- the difference between epidemics and pandemics
- the affect of the Spanish flu on the population (children, minorities, etc.)
- government bonds, conscription, reparations, the Four Minute Men
Have Fun Teaching!
Mrs. Lena, M.Ed.