Complete set of Fry sight words 1-1000 in card format. Each word is used in an original sentence to build fluency and comprehension
What makes these sight word cards different?
• 16 cards to a page is the perfect size for practice rings and games
• Each word is used in a sentence to foster comprehension
• Every card is numbered to match Fry’s lists for easy tracking
• Whenever needed, pronunciation keys are provided in the upper right hand corner to assist Spanish speaking parents or students already literate in Spanish
• Logical and informative sentences on each sight word card build comprehension.
• Students can use the context clues in the sentences to figure out trick words, increase vocabulary, and distinguish words that are frequently confused in isolation (than/then).
• Beginning students read just the words, and the teacher (or a more advanced student) reads the sentence. Quickly, the students learn to read the sentences independently even the first 100. My English Language Learners in Kindergarten are already reading these sentences by December.
• Numbered sight word cards allow the teacher to break up or mix up the sets for differentiation and then easily reassemble them.
• Spanish pronunciation keys empower parents to study with their children.
• Newcomers or struggling readers of any age can use them!
Each set includes:
• 100 sight word cards with printing instructions
• Bilingual letter to parents explaining how to use them for homework practice
• Transcription chart illustrating how the pronunciation keys work for Spanish speakers
• Suggestions and illustrations of how to use the sight word cards
• Numbered checklist for tracking progress over three assessments
All Fry sight words fluency and comprehension sets available:
Card sets: Fry words 1-100, 101-200, 201-300, 301-400, 401-500
Bundles: Fry words 1-200, 1-500, 1-1000