This is a complete pack (150+ pages) that includes everything a teacher needs to teach, reinforce, and practice the concept of comparing quantities (more than-less than), weights (heavier-lighter), and capacities (holds more-holds less). Visuals, worksheets, and hands-on activities to cater to different learning styles.
THIS PACKAGE OFFERS ALL THE COLORED TOOL IN A FULL COLOR BACKGROUND and DUPLICATES in a NO COLOR LINE BORDER. REVISED SEPT 2015 TO NOW INCLUDE OVER 40 PRINTABLES
NOTE: THIS PACKAGE IS AVAILABLE AS A PART OF A MEGA MATH BUNDLE (2D-3D shapes, Patterns, More than less than). CLICK THE LINK TO CHECK IT OUT.
Link- MEGA MATH BUNDLE-2D-3D, PATTERNS, MORE THAN-LESS THAN
NOTE: I do my best to strive for positive ratings. If there are any concerns with this product, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST AT MARCELLEMARIANI@GMAIL.COM. I will ensure that you are absolutely 100% satisfied with your purchase.
THE LATEST TOOLS THAT WERE ADDED ARE: *in addition to the ones listed below
* More than-less than fish work mats
*More than less than pin it fish center activity
*Many additional worksheets
*More than- less than pin it insects center activity
Lesson Objectives (Common Core Aligned)
1. How to describe and compare objects by attributes-Quantity-Weight-Capacity
2. Problem Solving–analyzing, reasoning and interpreting attributes
3. Describing measurable attributes of objects (more than-less than, heavier-lighter, holds more-holds less)
4. Using tools to model and make direct comparisons to investigate and problem solve
5. Common Core Standards (K.MD.A1, K.MD.A2, K.MD.A3, K.MD.B.3, K.CC.A3, K.CC. B4, K.CC.B5, K.CC.C6)
The package is organized into 3 sections
Section 1-Quantity (more than-less than)
a) 8 Color comparison visual mats- Mats can double as a center game- Children match vocabulary labels (more-less) to label the quantity groups)
b) 1 vocabulary and definition visual aid card
c) 10 “More”-“Less” vocabulary labels-Black and white- Use with the visual comparison mats -print-copy as needed.
d) 1 “More than-Less than” blank ten frames quantity comparison mat -print as needed - Assembling groups showing more than-less than- Adaptable to be used with vocabulary labels, alligator mouth cards, number labels and real objects.
e) 10 Number labels (1-10)- Black and white-Adaptable to be used with ten frame mats- print/copy as needed .
f) 7 “More than-Less than”–color-ten frames quantity comparison mats- Adaptable to represent quantities with vocabulary labels, alligator mouths, and number labels
g) 1 “More than-Less than” blank quantity comparison mat - Print as needed- Adaptable to represent quantities with quantity cards, alligator mouths and real objects .
h) 1 “More than-Less than” mat with alligator mouths - Print as needed-Represent quantities using real objects, quantity cards or number cards
i) 12 Alligator mouth cards-color- Print as needed
j) 20 number labels (1-20)-Adaptable to be used with alligator mouth quantity comparison mats-print as needed
k) 33 quantity cards-color-Adaptable to use with alligator mouth quantity comparison mats and number labels
Section 2-Weight (heavier/lighter)
a) 1 definition visual aid card
b) 1-Weight display and vocabulary card showing ‘heavier’ and ‘lighter’
c) 1-Weight display and vocabulary card showing ‘heavier’
d) 1-Weight display and vocabulary card showing ‘lighter’
e) 10 “heavier”-“lighter” vocabulary labels-Black and white- Print/Copy as needed
f) 14 animal shapes cut-out cards- use with accompanying mats- Model animals on a teeter-totter and use vocabulary labels to show heavier/lighter
g) 2- weight teeter-totter activity mats-color-print as needed- Use mats with cut-out animals and vocabulary labels to show heavier/lighter on a teeter-totter
h) 5 weight comparison teeter-totter activity mats- Use with vocabulary labels- Determine and correctly label-which is heavier, which is lighter?
Section 3-Capacity (holds more/holds less)
a) 1 capacity definition and display visual card showing ‘holds more’, ‘holds less’
b) 10- vocabulary labels-“holds more”-“holds less”
c) 1-Capacity visual aid investigation card
d) 5 Capacity comparison activity mats-Compare and label the groups “holds more”-“holds less”
Section 4- 40 Printable worksheets- NOT ALL ARE LISTED BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN ADDITIONS
• 3x Draw a line from each set of objects in one column to an object in the other- circle the set that shows more
• 3x Draw a line from each set of objects in one column to an object in the other- circle the set that shows less
• 3xI can count to show more than or less than (using ten frames)- cut/paste
• I can count to show more than less than (using ten frames)-cut/paste
• 2x I understand the symbols that show more than, less than and equal to *Frames
• 2x I can understand the symbols that show more than, less than *counting and comparing by count
• 2x I can label to show more than less than (using direct comparison strategy)-cut/paste
• Work it out and use math symbols to show more or less
• Weighs more or weight less- a cut and paste art activity
• Compare the group by count- which group shows more
• Compare the group by count- which group shows less
• Compare the group by count- which group shows less
• Is it light enough to lift? Circle all the items that can be lifted
• In each set, circle the item that is the heaviest
• In each group color the item that is heavier than the item shown
• Which gumball machine shows the least amount of gumballs- assess by count
• 2x Which container hold more (Capacity)
• Draw to show a container that can hold more than the container shown
• 2xCompare the groups- which two groups show the same number of objects?
• 2x Compare the groups and select the correct math symbol to show which shows more
• Draw to show more/less
• Work it out using numerals and compare to show which has more cut/paste
• Cut/paste to show more or less on a balance
• 3x Paste or draw to make each question true