This is a quick way to multitask first thing in the morning.
1) taking attendance. When students come in and answer the morning question, you have a quick visual of who is absent.
2) practicing sight words. Students independently read and give support to others as they read the morning question.
3) quick content review. By looking at how students answered, the teacher can identify students that may need extra support with content.
4) exposure to a variety of ways to collect data.
5) get to know your students. Learn their attitudes and about their personal lives.