With this set of 20 Morning Task Cards, students with autism and Special Education will practice a variety of life skills related to Calendar, Weather, phone number, city and state in which they live, school they attend and MUCH more with visual supports.
HOW TO IMPLEMENT IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
• Print on white card stock paper and laminate. The cards will last for years!
• Place one set of cards in a shoe box bin for each of your students.
• Introduce and review for the first few days…and THEN…WATCH THEM GO! Students LOVE this activity, as some responses change daily, weekly, or monthly. This allows your students to feel proud that they can recall the information!
• This is the perfect morning work task as your students settle into their routines for the day!
SKILLS INCLUDED in this 20 Task Card Set:
• Today is
• Tomorrow is
• Yesterday was
• The month is
• The year is
• The date is (numerical)
• Write first and last name
• Today is (number)
• The season is
• The weather is
• The temperature is
• Holiday match
• Today I am wearing
• Phone number (WITHOUT area code)
• Time I start school
• Time school ends
• How many kids are in my class today
• The name of my school is (EDITABLE - TYPE YOUR OWN 6 CHOICES!)
• The city where I live (EDITABLE – TYPE YOUR OWN 6 CHOICES!)
• This is the state where I live (EDITABLE – TYPE YOUR OWN 6 CHOICES!)
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS:
Given a life skills work task to complete independently using pre-taught strategies and drawing upon previously learned information, STUDENT will complete the task by providing correct responses in 4 out of 5 tasks, with 80% accuracy, by MONTH, YEAR.
Given a verbal directive to begin a work task, STUDENT will complete _______out of 20 tasks within an allotted time period, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Given an independent work task as part of a daily routine, STUDENT will get his/her task box and begin the activities through completion by raising his/her hand to indicate to the teacher that the tasks have been completed, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Given an independent work task as part of a daily routine, STUDENT will recognize and provide responses to questions that relate to him/her personally, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
***THANK YOU for your loyalty and continued support of autism awareness and acceptance. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to helping classrooms around the world.***
Copyright © AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Find us on PINTEREST by clicking here!
Find us on FACEBOOK by clicking here!
Find us on INSTAGRAM by clicking here!