Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Morning Meaning is morning meeting meets character education! It's the perfect low-maintenance resource to help you sneak character education into your daily routine :)
This resource is a growing bundle of Morning Meaning units. The full bundle will include 10 months of character education and will be valued at $60. By purchasing early, you will pay a fraction of the full price and will receive all updated units as I finish them.
What is Morning Meaning?
Morning Meaning is a low-prep character education program meant to fit right in with your Morning Meeting routine. Each month of Morning Meaning is focused on one character trait, and each day of the week has one small task to make it quick and easy to implement. The goal is to sneak character education into your routine in just 5-10 minutes per day!
Mondays: Analyze the quote of the week
Tuesdays: Set and discuss kindness goals for the week
Wednesdays: Cooperative learning activity
The interactive bulletin board is a highlight of the month. Teachers will change the mantra daily, weekly or even just once per month. Students will fill out character shout-out slips to recognize their classmates' acts of kindness, and one student who exemplified the monthly trait each week will take home the quote of the week on Friday.
The Morning Meaning slides are meant to be a backdrop to student-led conversations. They are minimal with purpose and can be easily personalized for your class.
Use the slides and bulletin board alone or together to help you make this resource your own!
Currently Included in this resource:
- The first 4 months of Morning Meaning (kindness, friendship, empathy and teamwork)
- Each month includes:
- An interactive bulletin board (monthly character trait, definition, interchangeable mantras, shout-out slips and pockets and 4 quotes of the week)
- 4 weeks of Morning Meaning slides, one for each day of the week.
- Editable slide templates
- Instructions for each day to help you implement Morning Meaning easily
- Read aloud suggestions
- 6 more months of Morning Meaning (integrity, courage, optimism, mindfulness, perseverance and gratitude)
- All units will be completed by January 1, 2019
Need more traits? Let me know! I would love to add more units after I finish the initial ten. :)
Want to find out more? Check out my saved story in my highlights on Instagram @cootiesandcuties.