Also included in
- Are you looking to set up your special education classroom, but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive bundle includes everything you will need to set up a self-contained classroom. These special education classroom setup resources include schedules, planning tools, behavioral tools and much$104.17$115.75Save $11.58
Do you struggle with keeping students engaged and on-task in group activities? This morning meeting for special education kit is just what you need to keep your preschoolers or elementary students in special education communicating and engaged with calendar time.
Start your mornings off right with these engaging circle time activities that will get you set for calendar time with music, movement, songs and stories, all in bright, colorful visual supports that are age-appropriate. You can set up your morning meeting for special ed with a variety of common circle time activities and routines that your students will LOVE!
Circle time activities included:
- Calendar Months - Calendar months are included with decorations for events related to that month. I included 2 versions of October and December to accommodate schools in which holiday materials are not allowed.
- Calendar Dates - Calendar date cards to teach date/number identification as well as understanding of home and school, 1 set of calendar numbers (1-31) with school buildings, 1 set of calendar numbers (1-31) with home and holiday cards and special occasions (e.g., field day, special Olympics)
- Days of the Week - Yesterday was, Today is and Tomorrow will be strips with symbols, Days of the week with symbols to complete them and Days of the week in colored cards, black and white cards, and colored print cards for matching and sequencing
- Morning Meeting Schedule - 10 cards for each activity contained in the kit as well as class jobs so that students can predict the routine
- How I Came to School - Multiple cards of bus, van, walk (2 versions), bike, and car and board titles for choosing and counting how everyone came to school
- Girls or Boys? - 8 boys and girls cards for children to identify their gender, count the boys and girls in the class and graph to determine whether there are more boys or girls and 2 options of headers for a choice board and graphing board
- Who’s Here - 2 options of board titles for a Who’s Here board along with at home and at school visuals for students to check in—you would add students’ pictures or names or have them sign in
- Communication / Choice Boards - 1 song board and title for storing visuals of song choices, 12 song choice pictures, 1 story board and title for storing and presenting visuals for stories, and 12 story choice pictures
- Story Supports - Story sequencing pictures for The Little Red Hen and There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
- Song Supports - Visual Supports and 3 boards for 5 Little Monkeys, 5 Little Ducks and Wheels on the Bus
- How Do I Feel Today? - 2 types of boards with 3 versions of a 5-point scale
- Exercise Board - 2 options for exercise boards with pictures of exercises
- Weather - 1 Simple weatherboard with weather cards
Save time with this special education morning meeting kit jam packed with circle time activities. Everything you need to get your circle time up and running is included: song choice board, storyboards, visuals, and more! Simply print and go!
❤️Your students will LOVE the stories and songs and they will remain engaged while learning throughout the entire morning meeting!
✅ Download the preview to check out exactly what is included!
***Please note that this product has limited utility with TpT's digital tool because it requires cutting out moving pieces. It has not been converted to a digital form.***
What teachers are saying…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love this resource for my morning meeting routines. The pages are well organized and easy to print. I really like the variety of resources provided. I especially like knowing the calendar numbers come with a school and home layout. This visually helps my student understand which days we are in school and not in school. Thank you for offering this wonderful resource on TPT!!!” - Lisa H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “A wonderful resource. This pack has a ton of materials, and my students love it. This made a huge difference in my circle time, my kiddos were engaged and they were excited to see what options were on the story board/song board each day!” - Olivia C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource completely changed the way I run my morning meeting- for the better! Morning meeting has become my favorite time of day with my students!” - Meghan C.
This morning meeting kit goes perfect with my Weather Kids product!
For more classroom setup materials for students with ASD:
- Autism Adapted Vocabulary Books Household Words BUNDLE
- Chevron Autism Pre-K-Elementary Classroom Visual Bundle
© Christine Reeve
This product is copyrighted to Autism Classroom Resources-Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing