This HUGE morning meeting / circle time mega pack has everything you need to run circle time in your elementary special needs classroom for the ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR! This pack is differentiated so it will meet the needs of a variety of learners and it includes numerous different activities for each section of circle time so that your students won't get bored with circle time!
Weekly & Monthly Scope and Sequences:
- The scope and sequences are a great starting place to plan out your circle time for your entire school year and plan meaningful instruction!
- 6 page (37 weeks are included) weekly scope and sequence that includes suggestions for the theme of the week, letter/ digraph of the week, sight words of the week, and book suggestions
- 4 page (August to June) monthly scope and sequence that includes suggestions for calendar focus and materials, weather focus and materials, attendance focus and materials
- The scope and sequence also has an editable version so you can enter your state standards, student IEP goals and/or class/ group objectives.
Lesson plan samples & template:
- completed yearly lesson plan
- template to make a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly circle time lesson plan
Emotions/ feelings materials:
- Greeting choices charts
- Emotions prompts/ charts (differentiated in 3 levels)
- What are you going to do this weekend? prompt/ chart (differentiated in 2 levels)
- What did you do this weekend? prompt/ chart (differentiated in 2 levels)
Sight word materials:
- Mini-posters/ charts (paper size) for displaying the sight words of the week
- Sight word cards for pre-k to 3rd grade words
Letter/ digraph of the week materials:
- Mini-posters/ charts (paper size) for displaying the letter/ digraph of the week
- Variety of letter and digraph cards (2 font options included) . Digraphs included: ck sh, ch, th, wh, ph ee, ai, ie, oo, ng
- Mini-posters/ charts (paper side) for each letter/ digraph of the week (i.g. "Words that start with the letter: A"). Mini-posters are differentiated in 2 levels.
- 4 different options for mini-posters/ charts (paper size) for identifying the weather daily
- Weekly weather graph
- Weekly weather chart (differentiated in 2 levels)
- Number of the week mini-poster chart and counting activity charts (for numbers 1-40)
- 100 days of school tens frame mini-poster/ chart
- Number of days in school mini-poster/ chart with counting cubes and hundreds, tens and ones place
Question of the day materials:
- 185 questions of the day are included (for printing)
- 185 Google Slide™ deck with interactive slides for level 1
- Each question of the day is differentiated in TWO levels (Level 1 has visuals and a sentence stem for answering the question of the day and level 2 has a visual paired with the question).
- The questions of the day are related to the weekly theme suggested in the scope and sequence. There are 5 questions related to each weekly theme.
Variety of calendar printables:
- 3 different month label options
- 4 different day of the week label options
- 5 different number card options (a set with tally marks, a set with number words, 2 basic number cards, and a set for tracing)
- Variety of calendar cards for special activities and holidays
- Day of the week charts (differentiated in 3 levels)
Theme of the week materials:
- 4 different options for mini-posters for the theme of the week ("This week we are learning about ___." "This month we are learning about ___." "Our theme of the week is ___." and "Our theme of the month is ____."
- 37 picture cards for the different themes/ topics
- 3 different attendance charts (paper size, each chart is differentiated depending on how many students you have and if you want to use them with a dry erase marker or velcro an name pieces, it includes a total of 11 charts)
- 1 attendance graph (in comes in 3 different options depending on how many students you have)
- Editable Powerpoint document for making name cards
- Each chart/ graph comes in color and black & white
- Mini-posters/ charts (paper size) for displaying student jobs for circle time
- There are two different job chart options depending on the wording you prefer.
- Each chart comes in color and black and white
- Editable PowerPoint document for making name cards
Behavior supports & materials:
- Mini-posters/ charts (paper size) with circle time rules (in color and black and white). Rule include: We keep our hands and our feet to ourselves. We use nice words. We do our best.
- 29 behavior/ communication visual cards for a ring, student's desk or for the board
- 2 different circle time schedule options (one with 5 schedule slots and one with 10 schedule slots)
- 18 schedule cards
Themed books/ stories:
- Includes 37 books related to the themes of the week
- All books have REAL photos!
- Each book has a communication/ matching board included
- Each book includes 4 comprehension questions (2 yes/ no questions and 2 "wh-" questions), each question is differentiated in TWO levels!
Variety of Data collection sheets for:
- Letter and sound identification
- Sight word identification
- Name identification and writing
- Social skills
- Story comprehension
The themes for the questions of the day & themed books include:
· Emotions/ feelings
· Community Workers
· Bodies/ Health
· Fall/ Apples
· Halloween/ Pumpkins
· North America/ Thanksgiving
· Winter Holidays
· South America
· The Ocean
· Valentine’s Day/ Friendship
· The Desert
· Plants & Seeds
· Bugs & Insects
· Earth Day/ Recycling
· Night/ Day/ Time
· The Solar System
· The Circus
You can also check out this blog post for information on how I run morning meeting/ circle time and to see more photos of this product in action!
- Circle Time Flip Books. Students can follow along and complete tasks during circle time with differentiated flip books. Includes digital option with Google Slides™
- Interactive Digital Morning Meeting Lesson Plan template with Google Slides™
- Writing & Comprehension Extension Pack. Students can work on writing and comprehension skills related to the themed books.
- Themed worksheets for independent work, homework or morning work:
: Some of the materials in the morning meeting bundle are sold individually too!
- If you want to purchase the question of the day pack individually, click here.
- If you want to purchase the calendar & weather pack individually, click here.
- If you want to purchase the 37 themed books with extension writing & comprehension packs, click here.
This product was created using Smarty Symbols Images. All rights reserved, 2011-2015.