Start your day with a laugh! Sixteen jokes are provided, enough for collaborative work for a class with up to 32 students.
Morning Work and Morning Meeting Humor
➼Option One: Post the de-coding alphabet, where all can see. Have children pair-up to de-code the jokes.
➼Option Two: Have children pair-up to de-code these jokes by giving one child the decoding alphabet and the other child a joke page. The child with the joke page describes each letter symbol to the child with the alphabet, who in turn provides the next letter.
When everyone is done, children then go to other pairs of children to share their jokes, or they can all share in a circle.
* Community building through humor and laughter.
* Attention and Focus.
* Collaborative problem solving.
* Auditory skills of listening and memory
* Visual perceptual skills including visual discrimination, and visual memory skills.
* Gaze shift -needed for reading, copying from the board, & getting information from the environment.
* Teachers can further use these jokes to improve student understanding of figurative language including identification of idioms, metaphors, and homophones.
More Morning Meeting Joke Activities:
Freebie Morning Meeting: Jokes Activity!
Morning Meeting: De-coding Jokes Activity! April
For additional Visual Supports, Behavior, and Self-Regulation Tools: from Print Path
#communitybuilding #attention #problemsolving #figurativelanguage #morningmeeting