Start your day with a laugh! Sixteen jokes are provided, enough for collaborative work for a class with up to 32 students.
. Morning Work & Morning Meeting Humor
. Option One: Post the decoding alphabet, where all can see. Have children pair-up to decode the jokes.
. Option Two: Have children pair-up to decode these jokes by giving one child the decoding alphabet and the other child a joke page. The child with the joke page describes each letter symbol to the child with the alphabet, who in turn provides the next letter.
. When everyone is done, children then go to other pairs of children to share their jokes, or they can all share in a circle.
* Community building through humor and laughter.
* Attention and Focus.
* Collaborative problem solving.
* Auditory skills of listening and memory
* Visual perceptual skills including visual discrimination, and visual memory skills.
* Gaze shift -needed for reading, copying from the board, & getting information from the environment.
* Teachers can further use these jokes to improve student understanding of figurative language including identification of idioms, metaphors, and homophones.
More Morning Meeting Joke Activities:
Freebie Morning Meeting: Jokes Activity!
Morning Meeting: De-coding Jokes Activity! September - Back to School
For additional Visual Supports, Behavior, and Self-Regulation Tools: from Print Path