Whacky Wednesday! Morning Meeting Humor
Start your day with a laugh! Six jokes and a coded alphabet are provided.
Post the decoding alphabet where all can see. Have children team-up to decode these jokes. For example, if you have 24 students, you could make 6 teams with 4 students per team to decode the jokes. When everyone is done, children can share these or their own favorite jokes!
* Community building through humor and laughter.
* Attention and Focus.
* Collaborative problem solving.
* Auditory skills of listening and memory.
* Visual perceptual skills including visual discrimination, and visual memory skills.
* Gaze shift -needed for reading, copying from the board, & getting information from the environment.
* Figurative language experiences.
These sets have 16 jokes so classes with up to 32 students can work in pairs.
Morning Meeting: Jokes Activity! September- Back to School Theme
Morning Meeting: De-coding Jokes Activity! April