Also included in
- Teach new vocabulary and channel excitement all year long by adding a joke of the day (or joke of the week) to your morning meeting routine! This bundle is full of jokes for kids - with 10 seasonal joke resources, you have 200 daily jokes ready-to-go! This bundle includes ALL 10 of my Joke of the$54.00$60.00Save $6.00
- If you're a new teacher in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade, you're going to LOVE this carefully selected bundle of resources to use with your students in November to keep them inspired and engaged! Let's set you up for success and make November the best month yet (yes, even if you have parent-teacher confere$24.99$34.50Save $9.51
Need a fun and creative way to get your students focused when they come in first thing in the morning (or to get students logged in to your online meeting on time)? These 20 Thanksgiving jokes and riddles will be the perfect solution to help your students start the day in a positive way while learning seasonal vocabulary!
This resource includes:
- 20 Google Slides with movable letters so students can solve the riddles.
- related seasonal vocabulary page of words (and nonsense words) to support younger students or students who need more support.
- 20 answer key slides so students can check their work.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You'll then share that file (or individual slides in that file) with your students. If you are teaching in the classroom, you can project each slide on the board for students to print and solve in their notebook.
There are many different ways you can use this resource in your classroom:
1. As a morning warm-up, either online or in the classroom.
If you’re teaching online, upload one or two interactive slides for your students for each day of the week. If you’re teaching in-person, project one joke on the screen for your kiddos to complete in their notebook.
2. As a reward for kiddos who show up online on time as a fun start to your lesson.
3. As a behavior incentive. Show one riddle each day and your students need to
earn letters for following directions/good behavior/participation to solve the riddle and earn a small class reward. Get your FREE copy of 20 almost-free class reward ideas by clicking here!
4. As a fast finisher activity either in the classroom or online for kiddos who finish their work early. You could upload the entire file into Google Classroom for individual students to work on at their own pace.
5. As a fun reward challenge for your class at the end of the lesson. Tell your students that if/when you complete the work you need to, you will give them a riddle for them to work together to solve.
6. If you're a school administrator, consider posting a joke or riddle of the day for students to solve :-)
I hope you enjoy using this resource with your students!
If you’re an elementary teacher in your first, second, or third year of teaching and you want more great ideas, tips, teaching stories and info about all of the stuff you wish you learned about teaching in university, be sure to subscribe to my weekly podcast, Beginning Teacher Talk:
Also, ask to join my PrivateBeginning Teacher Talk FB Group for instant access to exclusive contests and join an instant community of educators who are genuinely passionate about education, and who are dedicated to working smarter, not harder.
Did you know that you can get TpT credit to use on future purchases? Here's how:
- Be sure you're logged in, and go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button beside your purchase.
- Leave your rating and leave a comment about the product and how it worked with your kids.
- Each time you give feedback, TpT will give you credits towards future purchases!
- Click on the green ★ to follow my store and get email notifications about new resources and freebies!