This file is a Morning Routines document that can be used all year long. The flipchart can be used with ActivInspire software. I have used it for two years and the students are better engaged during the morning routines and can eventually do the entire morning routine independently.
The Morning Routine flipchart allows students to:.
• Participate in an engaging community building activity in the morning.
• Students can do independently.
• Helps to track attendance
• Students recite the Pledge of Allegiance
• Students learn the Days of the Week
• They can track the year, month, date and day of the week on the monthly calendars
• They can track and graph the weather
• Students keep track of how many days they have been in school on:
o A hundreds chart
o Using counters and ten frames
o Using place value cubes (one, tens, and hundreds)
• Students practice learning the months of the year
Instructions are included on the flipchart. When going through the slides there are post-it notes in the top corner of some pages. You can click on the post-it note to see notes about the page. Also, the flipchart uses KG Miss Kindergarten font which can be downloaded for free at http://www.dafont.com/kg-miss-kindergarten.font. If you do not download this font some of the text will be off.
I recommend saving the flipchart twice. One file to keep as your master and the second file as a “student” version that your class can work with.