PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Math morning work can set up a predictable start to the day and can get your students into a learning mode for the day. Two digit addition, teen numbers on a number line and in number bonds, and rounding teen numbers to 10 or 20 are all skills that your 2nd grade students need to be SOLID on to be successful throughout the school year.T he four skills on this morning work repeat daily so that your students can become confident with these tricky skills!
I know every classroom is different and every classroom, district, town, county and state teaches math in a slightly different order. For this reason, I have created math morning work packs with specific skills in mind rather than for specific months of the year or grade levels.
This particular pack asks students to complete 5 tasks daily.
1) Writing out the date. (Monday, July 29, 2013)
2) Adding two 2-digit numbers with and without regrouping.
3) Placing a teen number on a number line.
4) Breaking a teen number into tens and ones.
5) Rounding a teen number to the nearest ten using a number line.
This morning work is most appropriate for 1st graders or as review for 2nd graders.