This Morning Work Freebie for 5th graders is a print and digital (Google Slides™ for Google Classroom™) sample of ten days plus keys, taken from my comprehensive year long unit. The Morning Work pages selected are a representative set, selected from different times of the year.
Here’s what’s included in this Freebie:
5 Days: Reading (fiction and nonfiction), social studies, and math
5 Days: Language, science, math
10 Google Slides (Find the Link in the Teacher Notes for Digital Morning Work)
Want to take a look at the entire year Morning Work for 5th graders packet? It has a whole sheet of morning work for each day (Monday - Thursday) for the ENTIRE YEAR!!!
Why you'll love the year-long resource:
- It comes in three versions: print (PDFs), Editable (PowerPoint) and digital (Google Slides)!
- It includes a full page per day (not a 1/4th of a page, not a 1/2 sheet).
- The paperless version for Google Classroom™ can be completed online and graded together.
- It is an ENTIRE YEAR long unit that includes EVERY 5th grade Common Core standard for reading, language, and math, as well as social studies and science (NGSS) too!
- The standards spiral the entire year to keep skills fresh!
- Mondays and Wednesdays have reading, social studies, and math. Tuesdays and Thursdays have language, science, and math. Half of the reading passages are fiction and the other half is nonfiction.
- There is a detailed table of contents with standards listed so you can use the pages in whichever order works for you.
- It has engaging topics your students will enjoy!
- Lots of formats are included from timelines, to maps, charts, fiction and informational text passages too!
- It can be used in a variety of ways, like morning work, seat work, homework, extra credit, for homeschool, tutoring, and more!
There are lots of morning work packets out there with just math, or just language, or sometimes just math and language but as a teacher in a self-contained classroom, I knew I wanted to have everything included in my morning work. That’s the reason I created this resource with not only language and math but also reading, science, and social studies. Also, while this morning work is carefully aligned to Common Core standards, there is no notation on the worksheets to indicate that and they would work equally well for schools that are not common core.
Need other grades?
Looking for other resources for 5th grade? Check these out:
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so very much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Since this resource is a freebie, it may be shared with other teachers. Please do not, however, post it online without permission from the author.