This math morning work supports subtraction, multiplication, mental math and place value. Fourth grade students in particular would benefit from this spiral review activit, however, I know every classroom is different and every classroom, district, town, county and state teaches math in a slightly different order. For this reason, I have created math morning work packs with specific skills in mind rather than for specific months of the year or grade levels.
Each day students will complete the same 5 daily tasks but with different numbers and examples so that those skills will be solid come the end of the month!
The 5 Daily Tasks Include:
1) Writing out the date (Monday, July 29, 2013).
2) Subtracting a 3 digit number from a 3 digit number with borrowing.
3) A 1 digit by 2 digit multiplication problem.
4) A mental math multiplication problem (20 x 5 or 300 x 4, etc.).
5) Naming place value to the hundred thousands place.
This morning work is most appropriate for 4th grade or review in 5th grade.
Please download the preview to see a sample day in this pack. If this set of skills doesn't fit your needs, please browse my other packs as I have a variety of other options!
Looking for additional 4th Grade resources?