Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource is a hands-on, concrete collection of word parts. I love teaching children about morphemes, because the payoff is so great—especially with concrete materials!
Morphological awareness—the ability to use the smallest meaningful word parts to determine a word's meaning—helps young readers by improving their:
· language development
· phonological awareness
· appreciation of part-to-whole relationships.
In fact, research shows that students with reading, spelling, and language difficulties can use morphemic awareness as a workaround for their disabilities.
This kit includes:
• Definitions, teaching tips, scope & sequence, suggestions for differentiation
• Preparation pointers
• 3 Morpheme Banks and set-up equipment
• Morpheme Journals – 3 levels
• Morpheme Cards (root words, roots, prefixes, suffixes, blanks)
• Bulletin board headings
• Pocket chart word strips – for bulletin board
I hope you enjoy teaching about morphemes as much as I do. And I guarantee that your students will be thrilled to be able to read, spell, and understand longer words, after learning to recognize morphemes!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases:
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!